Saturday, March 13, 2010

March

For me, the month of March always remind me of my mum. Her birthday was March 19th, and in England, Mother's Day is in March. Her favourite flower was the daffodil and, if you know anything about flowers, you'll know that these tend to bloom in March, and in England, they're everywhere! Not just in the flower shops or supermarket but they grow wild everywhere. Officially you're not supposed to pick them but everybody does. You can guess that for my mum's birthday and for Mother's Day, she always had plenty of wild daffodils that her kids picked for her on the way home from school or on the way back from a friend's house. Daffodils now have a special place in my heart as well, as they will always remind me of my mum and her strength, silliness, loyalty, love and caring mother-heart.

Here's to my mum, Francine Bonjour, and to never letting her memory fade.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovelly Marie! You are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have met your mother, Marie. I think I wish that every year when you talk about her. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers