Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Family

John and I moved to Colorado February 2007, three months after we got married. We loved living in Colorado, we loved Fort Collins a lot. We really enjoyed the little community of friends that we met there through church, through Starbucks and through my second job out there. However, we really started to miss our family!

We then felt a nudge towards Redding, as we started to look at what might be next for us. One factor that definitely drew us was that my brother and his family were here, and we were so excited at the thought of being around family!

We now get to live close to our family (literally - we're within a five minute walk of their house) and have dinners together, go away for weekends together and see them multiple times a week. I have been especially blessed to get to see my nieces lots. After spending three years or more away from our nieces and nephews, we have definitely missed being part of their growing-up and seeing their little personalities develop. It has been a pleasure to be around Emma and Adi. They light up my world when they see us coming over and run out and give us big hugs. Or choose to sit next to me and snuggle when we watch a movie. We are so lucky to be able to get to connect with them and we are taking as much advantage of that fact as we can, as we don't know when we might be moved onto the next thing, the next location.

I snapped a few shots of them the other night as we went over for dinner. They were playing outside making a cake out of mud, leaves, grass and berries, and happily let me snap some pictures. They have very patiently been willing to let me practice my photography on them and it has been happy to take gorgeous photos as they are so cute and smiley! Here are some of the photos:











2 comments:

  1. These are great pictures, Marie!! Wow! They are so adorable and your shots are so expressive! The last picture is my favorite. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth20:00

    Aww this is a great post marie, we love having you guys here and feel so lucky to have you guys in the girls life (and ours) but feel its so important for kids to have other family members to grow and interact with, absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers