Saturday, September 29, 2007

Seattle fun-ness

John and I have been having a blast out here in Washington. First of all, the wedding was amazing and so beautiful. We felt incredibly privileged to be there to see our dear friends get married, as well as see some old friends we hadn't seen for a while. Sadly, we forgot our camera the day of the wedding, and had to resort to our camera phones (but we'll be getting copies of our friends pix soon!).

We headed up yesterday to Seattle where we spent the day with fun friends Jonathan & Sarah Hamilton. It was also my birthday! We headed down town, wandered around Pikes Place, went to the first Starbucks, took pix outside the Space Needle, rode on the Monorail, and did fun shopping! We ended the day at a very very yummy conveyor-belt Sushi place (where I pigged out on my new favourite sushi fish - unagi (eel)).

We then got picked up by John's cousin Erik, and went back to his to crash for the night. Today, we headed in again to town, going to the Science-Fiction museum and the Experience Music Museum which was very fun! We stopped in town again where John bought me some lovely boots for my birthday. We just got back and are about to enjoy some yummy pizza. All in all, a very fun birthday, especially since I found out (thanks to Bekah's e-card giving it away!) that I'm getting an iPod Touch for my birthday! Sadly, we found out that they are all sold out in the three Apple stores that are here, as well as the two Best Buy's that are near Erik's apartment. So, we'll probably get it in Colorado!

Some fun pix...

In front of the Space Needle.

At the Museums

The first Starbucks ever!

The Space Needle!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous00:16

    aaahhh!!! i gave it away?! i am such a moron! well, happy birthay anyway...i'll try to be a little more sly the next time there's something to be kept a suprise.:)

    sorry john:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous18:18

    What fun! It sounds like a great birthday weekend. Thats so funny that Bekah's card gave it away. My card did too but then I realized it after I had sealed it and wrote on the card that it wasn't to be opened until your birthday. But seeing as it is still sitting here on my desk it doesn't really matter that much:) So the card will go out tomorrow...I will tape it to the front door so I remember:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers