Tuesday, September 18, 2007

the hunt for a new job

I traipsed up to the Mall today to hand in a bunch of applications. Actually I didn't traipse really, as I was on my bike, but I like the word. I hope I get a job there as it is so close to our apartment, and I think it could be fun. I'm planning to start as a lowly sales assistant on a measly $8 an hour, but I think with my retail experience, hard work and initiative, I can quickly get promoted to assistant manager. The only thing is that I really can't work weekends and nights as that's the only hubby time I get. As well as the fact that John and I purchased season passes to Copper Mountain & Winter Park, so I really really can't work weekends. Hopefully they will still want to hire me! Exciting stuff.

It was weird realising the other day that I haven't gotten a job or worked in a long time. My last regular paying job was at the deli back in May 2002. It's kind of exciting to think about getting a new job though. I think it will be fun, hopefully!

Anyway, here are the places to which I applied:



I'd love to work at Gap or Express that way John can partake of the store discount, but I also think that Victoria's Secret & Starbucks would be really cool places to work too!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous07:09

    that would be fun to work in those places and get the discounts ! I hear starbucks treats their employees really well benifits and all that . I hope one of them works out for you ! I know what you mean about no job in forever .. its been i think hmmm over 3 yrs now ? and still counting ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous20:35

    oooh! all of those look like so much fun! i heard that starbucks really treats their employees well, and you can get health insurance benefits...pretty nifty...
    i hope you get the BEST job though!!! can't wait to hear how things turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers