Saturday, October 14, 2006

Movie Night

Last night we had a movie night here at the church, inviting all our friends that we'd met over the last week. We had about 9 girls and 1 guy. We watched Shrek 2, which was a huge success! Apparently the conversations that ensued were really good too, and the guy is now really thinking about becoming a Christian! The ministry here is going really well and we are making lots of friends!

I had both my UNISA exams last week and I think they both went well. I am just glad to be done with it all!

Oh, and yesterday, I experienced my first earthquake. Apparently they have about 8-10 a day here in Tokyo but we had not yet been in one. Yesterday morning, I awoke to a strange feeling. I was suddenly shaking back and forth in my bed. I thought that the girl sleeping next to me was shaking me and then I realised that no one was touching me! It lasted for about 30 seconds, and the whole time I was thinking, "Do I need to get under a table? When do you know if you need to get under a table?" It was kinda strange!

Anyway, today is our church day, so lots of church services and what-not. Busy day!

3 comments:

  1. wow! that's an exciting earthquake story. I don't think I've ever been in an earthquake, at least, not one I've noticed.

    I'm so glad everything's going well with you!

    much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so funny...you and John experianced earthquakes in the same week. I'm glad your done with exams! Hip Hurray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:38

    I think I experienced a tiny earthquake one night. I think you're supposed to stand in a doorway, but I don't know how big of a 'quake that's for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers