Sunday, September 10, 2006

we're engaged

WE'RE ENGAGED!

As of Friday 8th September, John and I are engaged! We went out for a wonderful crepe dinner and then he took me to "The End of the World" where the ocean crashes against the lava rocks and we watched the sunset. John told me that he wanted to spend the rest of his life watching sunsets with me and then he asked me to marry him. It was amazing and beautiful and perfect and I'm over the moon with joy and almost can't believe that we're getting married!

We will also be posting up pictures in the next week of the ring and other things!

I am so happy and overjoyed. I am already having so much fun looking at wedding magazines, and starting to think about details. It's so fun to be talking about honeymoon locations, wedding locations, bridesmaids/groomsmen, etc. Too much fun. I think it will be hard to be away from John during the majority of our engagement period, but I know that this is God's best for us right now and I have peace about it.

I'm too excited right now!


4 comments:

  1. Ha!! Way to go, kids!!!

    Now I can say you're my future cousin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited!!!! I'm writing you an email!!!!!! Hurray, Hurray, Hurray!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!! The Burtnesses are multiplying like rabbits!!! You and John, me and Mark, baby Peanut in Rachel's tummy, Michelle and Zach... yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous20:50

    congrats! that's so exciting! yay for more cousins :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers