Thursday, August 31, 2006

John's officially graduated!

Yes, as of last Thursday, 24th August 2006, John has offically graduated from Taylor University with a degree in Engineering Physics, or Physics Engineering, or whatever it is that his professors were torturing him with!! We all went out last night, 20 of our friends & students from the campus, to celebrate at Outback Steakhouse down town. It was so much fun to be with a "free" John - the stress is gone, the work is gone, and hopefully, soon, the sickness will be gone too!

In about 3 weeks, I leave for Japan. And I admit, I don't think it's totally hit me yet, though I am really excited about going. I'm trying not to think about the fact that John and I will be doing the long-distance thing again (and this is super-long-distance, I'll be a whole day away from him!). But, I know, in the long-run, that it will be the best thing for the both of us. We had our first outreach meeting the other day and I'm starting to meet with the students one-on-one and I have to say that I have the best team ever! They really are such a great group, and for those of you who know Sarah Hayhurst (Jonathan Hamilton's girlfriend), yes, I have the pleasure of having her with me on outreach too!

Anyway, here's a pic of where we'll be staying near for the first few weeks in Tokyo, yes downtown Tokyo! I'm so excited. I've been stuck in cornfields for the last two years and now I'll finally be back in a real live city!

http://wallpapers.3yen.com/wp-content/images/wallpapers.3yen.com_6327.jpg

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't see the photo, but man, downtown Tokyo is going to be so much fun!!! When do you leave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that pic is cool...I can't believe your going to be there. Ever since our DTS and then meeting Fumi we have wanted to go there. So check things out really good cause we will probably use your notes someday.
    Yeah, not so fun the long distance thing...you guys will be burning up the Skype lines:) This is going to sound totally random and stupid, like people when finding out your from a certian big city saying, "Do you know such and such," and you just looking at them like they are morons because it is a city of billions. Well that is about to be me.
    I am just wondering the churches in Tokyo that you are working with. Because one of our friends from DTS, who we have lost touch with, is a pastor in Tokyo. SO perhaps one of the churches is theirs. And its not quite as weird as it could be cause there are very few churches in Tokyo and he links up alot with YWAM in Hawaii. So it is not totally unrealistic!:) Anyway, if by chance you meet an Aaron( American) and Yuka (Japanese) say howdy. I am now done being a complete moron:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous09:41

    That'll be fun going on the same outreach team as Sarah. I hope all the planning and everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i keep running into people who have lived in japan (suppose this makes sense in my sushi restaurant) and they all rave about how beautiful it is and how yummy the food..i can hardly wait for you to be there so i can see pictures and hear exciting things of what God is doing there!! hurray! cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Happy Day!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers