Sunday, August 27, 2006

beaches galore

Dad just left yesterday and I was so sad last night, going back to his room and clearing out his fridge. I had such a good time with him, and it was SO nice to have him around, I really didn't want him to go. It was a great week of teaching and we've had really good feedback from the students about how much it was helpful to them. I'm so proud of my pops!

John and I had lots of fun carting my dad around to beach after beach, then to get some coffee, then go shopping, then go shopping again, then get some Coldstone Creamery - yummy... It was great to hit some fun beaches with him and relax with him in the afternoons when he was done teaching.

And, I'm not sure if I've posted this or not, but I am offically going to Japan! We're going to go together as one big group, and then after about 10 days in Osaka, I will take 6 wonderful students to Tokyo for the rest of the time. I am really excited in many ways about going, though sad too because John isn't coming with me. We really feel that it is time for him to take a well-needed break so he's going stay back on the island and relax a lot and maybe take a part-time job. We feel that it's right but it's weird to be going without him.

Other than that, things are going well here on the big island. The days are still hot and humid, the weeks are, well, just flying by, really. Before you know it, I'll be blogging from Japan! What the heck!?? I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. you're actually going to japan!! amazing!! i should have tried to get a layover through there on my way to australia! ;) i need to post more :) can you send me that chocolate something recipe that we made together last spring? i really want to try making it while i'm home here. and i smile to hear of your longdistanceness with john..it will be hard..but you know what i find, absence makes the boy's heart grow fonder ;) *sneaky girl smile* love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohio gazimus! Before you know it you will be decked out in cute stripey knee socks and cruising around Tok-E-YO!!! How exciting! Really cool that you got to hang out with your dad...fun times!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers