Monday, May 15, 2006

figuring out american culture

Am trying to figure out the whole graduation thing. You see, I never went to university, and in England, you don't graduate "high" school, you just finish and go home. Actually, no that's a lie, we had an assembly.

I just found out it's kinda expected to get dressed up for graduation. My room-mate even went shopping for a dress this weekend. Dang, that's pretty dressy-up. Will have to talk to John about this and figure it out! Even though there are not that many differences between American and English culture, there are enough that I need John to fill me in on some things sometimes! I guess graduation is a big deal...

Just watched the season finale of Grey's Anatomy - bad Meredith and Derek. Not good at all. Kinda makes me mad that they ended the season that way. He had done so well working things out with his wife. I feel like they ended the season with them getting together just because that's what the public wants, even though it is so not right. Anyhoo, I like that show.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thats cool that you switched too. I relly like it alot better...at least its easier to load pics. Except I haven't figured out how to put peoples links to blogs in the corner...any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers