Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Help + Sneak Peek

I've watched The Help a couple of times and the second time I saw it, this scene just stayed in my head:



I've found myself saying that to myself at random throughout my day and seeing how powerful it can be to speak something positive over myself. It can be easy for me to let my insecurities dictate who I feel like I am, and for some reason, these three little statements counter those insecurities pretty well.

I've also changed it a few times to fit what I need in that moment. This afternoon, at my first newborn photo shoot (with twins!!!), I started feeling nervous and overwhelmed. In my head, I just said, "Be confident". And for some reason, that made all the difference and I started feeling relaxed and, surprisingly enough, confident! Later on, I thought to myself, "Hey, that was like that thing she did in The Help. I should have said "You is confident!"

"You is kind, you is smart, you is important." I think I want to start saying something like that to Sophie every day.

On another note, I'm busy editing, editing, editing from the wedding back in November and here's a sneak peak (this wedding was tons of fun!):

IMG_3506

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers