Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Fort Collins, Colorado

If you've never been to Fort Collins, Colorado, then you really should try and make it there some day. I don't know if it's because we lived here for the first two and a half years of our marriage, or because we have so many friends here, but we just love this town. Home to Colorado State University, it has a super fun Old Town with really good restaurants and yummy ice-cream and coffee shops. It's climate is mostly reasonable, never getting too, too cold in the winter, or too, too hot in the summer. And it's SO green. I think it got some award for having a certain amount of trees. We love, too, that it's two hours from snowboarding, one hour from a decent international airport and the fun city of Denver. It's also supposedly a great city to raise a family. I think we'd love to end up here again one day.

We're house+dog-sitting for our friends' neighbours for a few weeks. We figured since my husband can work from anywhere, we might as well take some time and enjoy it out here for a while and get to see lots of friends. We're looking after a Maltese for three weeks and two Siberian Huskies for one week. It's been nice and relaxing so far, and John's been able to get lots of work done as I'm distracted with hanging out with friends!

Some pix from our time:

IMG_0127
IMG_0087
IMG_0135
IMG_0057

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous16:14

    These are great Marie. I really like the one of the Hotel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:58

    Oh my gosh! Yuki looks so fierce in this picture. I love the eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers