Saturday, February 19, 2011

Snow Day in California

Two days ago, we got snow in California. I was pretty excited as I have been craving snow since we moved here. Growing up in England, we just never got a lot of snow. If we did, it would all melt by the next day. Every now and then we would get a decent dumping and one time I remember, it lasted a week. We had a blast! Any snow in England pretty much equals a snow day as we are totally unequipped to deal with it.

There's something about being all warm and cozy inside, drinking a hot chocolate, or tea, or a caramel latte, or any kind of hot beverage for that matter, and seeing flakes of snow falling from the sky. I just feel so peaceful and can sit for a while just watching the snow come down (which for me, is saying a lot, as I don't like to sit still for long). Moving to California, I knew that my chance of snow was small, but one can always hope.

And to my delight, after 3 weeks of over 70°F (20°C) way-too-early-for-spring-weather, we got one day. One glorious day of some snow (15 minutes in the morning and about an hour and a half in the afternoon). Surprisingly, it actually settled. Here's the snow we got in our back garden:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers