Thursday, February 17, 2011

Canon 5D



I am about to become the proud owner of a Canon 5D. About a year ago, I began to see the limitations of my entry-level DSLR and yearned to upgrade. I wanted to save the money from my photo shoots to get a new camera. Sadly as my shoots are few and far between, I realised that I had to lower my budget. I figured I could work my way to save around $1000 here and there. I was unsure which camera was the best one in that price range, so I posted a question about it on Brookelyn Photography's formspring page. She recommended a used Canon 5D. After doing some research, and actually seeing the price lower on Amazon.com used Canon 5Ds from $1200 to $950, I realised that the camera was within my reach.

I have found even cheaper Canon 5Ds on ebay and so have been bidding on multiple auctions all week in the hopes of purchasing one. This morning, I sold one of my old lenses for $195 (which is amazing as we bought it for $50) and this will go towards a new lens for my Canon. I am selling my old DSLR with two lenses to my dad and this will also help me buy a new Canon lens. I am so close and impatient with the whole ebay bidding process. We are using a program called JBidWatcher hoping it will help me get in a final bid right at the end but so far we've been outbid each time. All in good time, all in good time. Good things come to those who wait. Etc. This is what I keep saying to myself to help with my impatience!

I feel like this camera will definitely increase my photo-taking, help me to really love photography even more and allow me to take higher quality pictures than I was able to with my entry-level DSLR. And so I continue to watch ebay, and continue to bid and continue to hope that today will be the day that I win. It will be mine, oh, yes, it will be mine.

Stay posted for new photos taken with my new Canon 5D.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Exciting! We love our (low-level) Canon! :) Someday I hope to upgrade as well... someday! Can't wait to see your new pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I have a EOS-10D myself, that I bought when they were pretty new, but is now lower res than your 'entry-level' camera. :/ Love the Canon line, in general, although I'm lusting after a 5D Mark II as my current 'dream camera'. :)

    Are you using JBidwatcher's multisniping mode? Anyhow, best of luck with your auctions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers