Monday, April 19, 2010

Tahiti II

One of my favourite things to capture is people. Ever since I started taking photographs, it's what I've enjoyed the most. And candids are my top, top favourite. And I think candids of kids are up there too.

While in Tahiti, I snapped these shots of these amazing people.

Damali has the most gorgeous skin and her favourite colour is purple. She stopped to watch the fish descaling and de-gutting and I loved the purple of her pareo (Tahitian for sarong) and the darkness of her skin set against the gorgeous blue of the ocean behind her.



Tony is half Kiwi, half Maori and has the coolest tattoos on his forearms and legs. As I snapped this shot, I accidentally focused on his arm instead of his face. I've found that some of my accidental shots are the best, and I love this one. I like how it really focuses on his Maori culture.



This is Don, the father of the group and the ultimate joker. He was sick almost the entire two weeks we were there and yet he had the best sense of humour. As I tried to snap a shot of him, he saw me and stuck out his tongue. Yep, that's Don!

3 comments:

  1. Wow... these are amazing shots!!! I love how they have totally captured the people! You can totally see their personalities in the pictures. Also, You should take up writing too! the captions are amazingly written!
    love you babe! you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous16:27

    Hey, this is Emily. I love these shots! They bring back great memories of the trip and these awesome people. I love how you see the world, Marie! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachael18:29

    Great photos Marie! I really like how each one picked up a unique aspect of the person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers