Sunday, February 21, 2010

Photo Shoot

In the midst of enjoying my wonderful photography class, I get an email from someone who had found my Craig's List posting and was interested in doing a family shoot. I was ecstatic. December and January had been completely dead for me with absolutely no shoots booked, and minimal contact from potential clients. This gave me a reason for me to continue to work to make this business happen. We had visited the Shasta ruins back in January when John's family was here to visit, and I found some really nice spots that I made a mental note to return to for a future shoot.

I had the family meet me there and we spent just under an hour walking around and taking photos. I think I was my most relaxed, and was able to have new creativity for some photos as well as a new eye for details in the photos along with the bigger picture of the shoot. They were a gorgeous family and I had a lot of fun. After doing more Photoshop tutorials and googling and spending a lot of time this week editing, the shoot is complete! I feel like again, I have been able to put in what I have learnt and come out with probably the best shoot I've done so far.

Here are my favourites:











6 comments:

  1. Wow these are great shots, Marie!! I love the one of the couple in the foreground with the kids in the background - what a great capture of expressions and natural "poses"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this ones! Great captures !!
    I think u can go to my blog through my comment, can't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I have to admit, I was pretty excited to see this shoot come out so well!

    Vero - I can't seem to find a blog link on your profile?

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun pics! and you found the jane austin font! I love it and have been using it on various things, as well :) One of my favorites of my recent font finds! Good job, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops! Jane Austen :) not Austin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Britt! We used the font on our wedding invitation as well - I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers