Sunday, June 11, 2006

humidity and salamanders in hawaii

Yes, we have arrived after around 48 hours of travel (with a stop in Urbana to sleep and repack somewhat) and now we are here. And it is really nice. I have to admit I was a bit concerned with the whole huge YWAM base thing again after an interesting experience these past few years, but in meeting our DTS leader and in wandering around, I think John and I are going to have an amazing time. We are already arguing way less, which means we are starting to relax!

I feel like this will be a good summer for me and for us. I feel like there is a lot of opportunity for us in our relationship, for discipleship, for connecting with people, and for future options. God is continuing to build peace in my heart and I am really wanting to use this time to relax more and enjoy life more. The last few weeks, I have been "processing" somewhat (I put processing in speechmarks because I don't really know what processing means) this last year at Taylor and realising how hard it actually was and how much I really just did not enjoy being there. But, the plus side of that is that, during this year, I learnt to enjoy life more even though it was not necessarily enjoyable. I was able to have a more positive outlook, and not get so caught up in how crap my life is.

I feel good about being here and being with John and where we're headed and what this summer will be like for us. And, bloody hell, I'm in Hawaii!

1 comment:

  1. hurray!! you're in hawaii!! even though this last year had to be so hard for you, i'm so glad i got the chance to get to know you and enjoy your crazy friendship! and you guys will have a BALL this summer i'm so jealous!!! ahH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers