Monday, June 04, 2012

Switzerland Part 1: Vevey

I'm so excited to blog about Switzerland! I had so much fun taking pictures and had to anxiously wait to get back to England as we had left my laptop here due to Easyjet's tight laws on hand luggage (we just didn't have space). So here I am... the photos are being imported to my computer as we speak.

We spent 10 days visiting family and sight-seeing in Switzerland and had a wonderful time. Sophie was getting over a cold, so was a bit more grumpy than usual, but she had lots of fun playing outside in my uncle and aunt's garden and meeting and playing with her second cousins (or whatever they're called - my cousin's children, what are they called?) ;) John had to work some as he had two deadlines due that week but was able to take some time off to explore.

Sadly, my camera battery died halfway through the week, and I had bought the charger for my camera instead of my dad's (he's graciously lending me his wonderful 5D Mark II while we're in Europe). The batteries are the exact same size but the connectors are spaced apart differently, much to my chagrin. My genius aunt had the idea to take it to a camera store to get it charged, so I had it again by the end of the week. Therefore, some of these posts will be iPhone pix only...

Here's some pix from our first outing to Vevey, the town where my uncle and aunt lived. It has a great market, a beautiful walk along the lake, and lots of beautiful views and buildings.

First we fed the swans: IMG_7157
Sophie had fun feeding both the swans and herself: swiss1
I love this lake: IMG_7150
Some of Vevey's art deco style: IMG_7167
To me, Switzerland is a land of flower boxes under windows and off balconies: IMG_7171
One of Vevey's main streets: IMG_7175

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers