Wednesday, February 08, 2012

family and peace

Last Friday, we walked around the Sundial bridge about an hour before sunset. Instead of putting Sophie in her stroller, we let her walk with us. It took us a while, but we had fun, basking in the mild winter weather and warm sun, showing Sophie how to throw stones into the beautiful Sacramento river and loving the far-off views of the mountains that surround Redding. It's on days like that that I really enjoy living here. The feeling of family, peace, the arrival of the weekend bringing more family time, and the beauty of the nature around us, as well as the amazing Sundial bridge, just warmed my heart really.

Some of the beauty around the Sundial Bridge (not actually taken last week, but before Christmas!):

IMG_5897

j&me

IMG_5989

IMG_5943

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful Marie! I really like the photo with the leaves--I find nature so hard to capture (usually it ends up as a very weak version of what you saw), but I think your really got it with that picture. The bottom picture of the tree is really stunning too. For some reason the left over leaves remind me of stars. I wonder if you could do a cool photoshop effect to make it night and have the leaves stars? Or maybe that's lame? I'm not the expert! Anyways, great job!!!

    Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers