Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tiny Dancers

John, Sophie and I had the pleasure of going to our nieces' ballet recital last weekend. They were soooooooo adorable! They did a fairy dance and a rock'n'roll medley, where all the songs were from Grease (one of my all-time favourite movies to which I know almost ALL the words!). It was really fun to see them do their dances - they were really cute!

Having done 9 years of ballet and around 5 of modern, I've really loved seeing my nieces take ballet (the three of them old enough to do so are in ballet classes). I like to think that they got my little dancing/ballet gene, though I do know that a lot of little girls just love ballet and want to be ballerinas! It makes me wonder too if Sophie will be into ballet or sports or reading like I was, or into whatever John was into when he was a kid (when I asked him, he said "Fire, destroying things, I don't know..."! ;) We can't wait to watch her personality develop and see her giftings, talents and hobbies emerge.

Anyway, once they were in their costumes and make-up, the girls happily came outside and posed for me so I could take pictures. They showed me some of the dance moves and, well, just gave me some of the cutest pictures ever! Enjoy:

IMG_0974

IMG_0978   IMG_0937   IMG_0964

IMG_0946

IMG_0971   IMG_0993   IMG_0967

IMG_0981

IMG_0962   IMG_0964  IMG_0960

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers