Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Baugh Family

How can I express how much this family means to me? I first met them when their oldest, Haddie, was around 5 months old. She is now 9! Jim, Kelly and I staffed a school with YWAM in Brussels, Belgium and we became best friends really quickly, bonding over silly things like Ace Ventura quotes and Gollum impressions. We would stay in almost every Friday, while Haddie slept in the corner, and watch The Fellowship of the Ring over and over again.

From there, I went on to staff with them in Kosovo, took care of Haddie during the birth of their son, Gideon, in England, and visited them twice in Fort Collins when they moved back to the States and I was living in the Mid-West. Kelly was my maid of honour in my wedding and helped us get our first apartment after we got married, hence our move to Fort Collins (we lived in her nana's basement apartment). We lived there for two and a half years and loved, loved, loved being an honorary member of the Baugh family, as well as an extended member of Kelly's family, the Fonfaras. Spending Easter, Thanksgiving, July 4th, and other holidays together while our own family was far away truly made us feel at home and well loved.

We've laughed (lots) together, cried together, prayed together, shared our dreams, worries, fears and hopes together. They are like an extension of my own family. They are those people on my list of "People Whom We Want To Have Live Close By" (so the title is awkward, but you get the idea!).

Here's some photos of their shoot:

IMG_0685
IMG_0711-1
IMG_0725
IMG_0440   IMG_0575-1   IMG_0512
IMG_0585
IMG_0500-1
IMG_0545
IMG_0444
IMG_0464

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous13:41

    So this is not anonymous (it's from Kelly) but I can't figure out how to post a comment otherwise. Marie, you are amazing professionally and personally. We love having you (and John and Sophie) as honorary members of our family (and we certainly hope we are part of yours as well!). You are a wonderful photographer and I feel so blessed to have you as the personal photographer of our family :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers