Thursday, December 23, 2010

Family Shoot

The fun thing about this whole photography malarkey business is that we can have our own family shoots any time we want! I recently purchased a remote for my camera (an idea I copied of my brother-in-law and his wife!) and we set out for our first remote-controlled family photo shoot last week. And it was so fun. It was great to be able to set up the tripod and then take as many pix as we wanted in that one spot, instead of having to run back and forth to set the timer. We were able to walk away from the shoot with 60 pictures instead of 8! What a difference. The only thing we didn't have was somebody standing behind the camera smiling at Sophie so she would grin back.

Speaking of Sophie, I am just loving having her in my life. And I'm loving being this little family. I love John time and I love Sophie time, but my favourite time ever it John & Sophie time. I didn't realise how much I would enjoy having to take care of this gorgeous little person. She's quite the cutie and I am amazed at how much love I feel when I watch her sleep, see her smile, watch her under her playmat smiling at the little helicopter dangling above her or when she does just about anything. And then I'm amazed too at how she came from John and I, that we made her, that she is part-him, and part-me. We see bits of him and we see bits of me, and all those bits together make up this unique, brand-new, never before seen or made, little person. Parenthood truly is quite amazing!

Anyway, here are my favourites from the shoot:



















1 comment:

  1. Rachael13:47

    Love the pics! Especially the one where she looks ticked off at the camera:) Too cute! Can't wait to play and snuggle her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers