Monday, February 08, 2010

The long-awaited blog

This one has been a long time coming. I can finally blog about being pregnant, about the 13 months we spent trying and about how excited we are for this baby.

The journey to make this baby was at first fun, then tear-filled, ironic, difficult and required lots of patience. In the 13 months we tried, I think I seriously had at least 2 friends get pregnant every single month. Every time I ovulated, we had guests or were traveling and in a place of not really being able to "try" to get pregnant. My cycle was sporadic and by June, when I skipped completely, I realised it was time to get this checked out.

At age 29 and 11 months, I found out that I had Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), which means that due to some hormone imbalances, I sometimes did not ovulate, or I ovulated late. Fortunately, I have a mild case, which means that most of the time I do ovulate whereas there are women who can not ovulate for years. We were very lucky to have a mild case even though we were still recommended to visit the Fertility Doctor two weeks before we were going to lose our insurance and move to another state. Our options were limited, but at least I was still ovulating.

We decided to continue doing what we could do to make this baby and trust that we could still get pregnant. Arriving in Redding, surrounded by Bethel Church and new friends, we were covered with amazing encouragement and prayer for our little one.

Lo and behold, on January 11th, 2010, we were pleased to find those double lines appearing on our pee stick! We're due Sept 17th.

We are excited for the arrival of this little one and feel that we have learnt a lot during this trying to conceive period. I feel like I went from wanting and trying to have a baby to the realisation that we are going to be raising a little person. I went from thinking we're having a baby to we're going to be parents. I liked that it made me think more intentionally about what kind of parents we wanted to be, and how we wanted to raise our kids, and I feel like we continued to learn more and more about parenting during the 13 months. We're excited to be at the beginning of this wonderful journey of parenting!

Some pix from our day of celebration.





1 comment:

  1. rachael07:23

    I am so excited and happy for you guys! What a wonderful blessing...and now I can't wait for September cause I finally get to be and AUNT!!!!! And the boys will have a cousin!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers