Thursday, May 07, 2009

Experiment

I have curly-ish wavey hair which can also get some frizzies. I use curling product to help smooth the frizzies and hold in the curl as it dries (naturally, of course, I can't be bothered with hair diffusers - they take too long and make me look like Tina Turner). More often than not, I use Aveda's "Be Curly" as my styling product:



About two weeks ago, I ran out! Oh no! And since I didn't have time go buy another one, I figured I would make do without for a little bit. However, the frizzies came back in full force, so I turned to other things. John uses some L'Oreal men's gel, which I tried twice, but it made my hair stick together a bit too much, which curling products (good curling products, at least) don't do. I gave up on that fast.

This morning, I thought about any other hair styling products we have in our house. John has another gel that I just know will be even stickier than the L'Oreal one, so I don't even attempt that. I have a serum spray, which I know won't do a whole lot. I also have Aveda's "Hang Straight", their straightening lotion, for the 4 times a year I decide to straighten my hair (which usually takes up to an hour, so I rarely bother). The straightening lotion doesn't do much as far as straightening anyway, so I figured, let's see what it does with my curls today.



The answer: it pretty much does the same as their Be Curly product. It helps keep in the curl as it dries and helps smooth out frizzies. The curls aren't quite as pretty as with "Be Curly" but close enough! Oh well. At least now I have some use for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers