Tuesday, October 21, 2008

holidays

Since working in the USA, I have to say, I have been appalled at it's horrible vacation plan for employees. I did some research and here is some information on the amount of vacation days given around the world:

Italy - 42 days
France - 37 days
Germany - 35 days
Brazil - 34 days
United Kingdom - 28 days
Canada - 26 days
Korea - 25 days
Japan - 25 days
U.S. - 13 days

Let's all move to Italy, I say!

I also found this:

"Unlike 127 other countries, the U.S. has no minimum paid-leave law." (www.timeday.com)

That explains why... Come on, America, it's time to treat your employees better!

3 comments:

  1. wow!! let's move to italy! seriously!

    when i worked in research at southern illinois u after taylor, it was a standing joke that you couldn't get ahold of any french professor during the summer, because they "take the whole summer off". a great idea!! :o)

    thanks for your guys' phone call for my birthday!! i need to call you back! we've been studying hardcore to retake the physics gre soon. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. oh my stars, i need to stop commenting on every single one of your posts. i look like a freaking stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comments! Yay for blogging! i probly read each of your posts like 3 times before you post a new one. :o) I figured out how to put a blog roll on my blog!! So now snippets of others' blogs come up on my blog! Woot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers