Thursday, August 30, 2007

new snowboard...

So, John and I had some time to ourselves tonight (for the first evening this week since Monday night - it's been a busy week). And we decide to head over to the mall to cash in a Victoria's Secret coupon I had gotten in the mail. On our way over to VS, we pop into Zumiez, and see some snowboards in the back. As we head over to check them out, a Zumiez worker comes over and tells us about this crazy deal they've got going on - board, boots & bindings for $200. John and I kinda wig out thinking, no way is this for real. I had gotten my board, boots & second-hand bindings 7 years ago in Switzerland for a pricey £400 (around $800 today thanks to the dollar to pound exchange!).

We'd never heard of the board (Alibi Sicter), though it seemed good enough, the boots were sweet (you could get either a DC Shoe or a 32 Prion), and the bindings were Burton, which if you have to know anything about snowboards and snowboarding, Burton are the bomb and make the best of everything out there.

We ask them to put it on hold, I call my bro's for some research, we head back and decide to go for it. John still had some birthday money left over so he decided it would be perfect to put it towards this amazing deal. On our way home, we realised that altogether, everything originally cost $500. (I have to admit - that is still so much cheaper than England - I need to stock up on snowboarding stuff while we're here!!!)

What a deal! We are now even more excited to get season passes and hit the slopes big time this winter!

Check it out...

The board:



The boots:


The bindings:


The other side of the board:


The set:


Our snowboards together...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous09:05

    what a great deal! I'm not sure if i already commented on facebook, but if so you will get two comments:) I love the bunch of pictures of snowboards: snowboard in box, snowboard out of box, bindings by box, bindings in bathtub, boots in kitchen, snowboard in the Himalayas...:) Bet you can't wait to hit the slopes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ! is it safe for snowboarding ? i love dc shoes uk but it these shoes are safe for snowboarding then i would like to try black one

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers