Friday, August 03, 2007

new car in floods

I made two videos (showing inside & outside, as per request of my brother, Matt) of our gorgeous 2000 VW Golf, but for some reason when I try to open it on my lappy, it somehow doesn't work. So, will have to do it again.

I got the privilege to drive yesterday in my first flash flood. Last night, here in Fort Collins, it started to rain, like proper rain. John and I had a hankering for Chipotle, and as he was sick, I stepped up to the challenge of driving out in the midst of the monsoon-like weather. Little did I know how flooded the roads would already be after an hour of rain, or how close the lighting and thunder would be. It was pretty thrilling I must say. But totally worth it. I got home, changed into warm dry sweatpants, and ate Chipotle with my husband while watching CSI - the storm had blown out our cable.

Yeah for adventure and fun weather! I love weather!

On another note, I didn't get the Habitat job. Kinda bummed. But I'll be alright!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous03:28

    sorry to hear you did not get the job....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous15:50

    Nice driving!!! Sorry about the job...but hurray for the new lovely car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They would make the best budget envelope wallet system ever. I just finished entering everyones birthdays in it. It is the coolest ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers