Thursday, October 05, 2006

additions to the family

I forgot to mention (in all the outreach madness, and getting engaged, and trying to finish up my UNISA classes) that my two nieces were born. My niece Adi Ciel was born to Sam and Beth on 21st September, conveniently my dad's birthday. My niece Chloe Emilia was born to Matt and Tracie on 5th October.

Here is Adi:


Here is Chloe:


Aren't they beautiful? I am so excited to meet them and get to know them. Life is just beautiful!

Other news: we just arrived in Tokyo a few days ago. It is good to be here, though Tokyo definitely is crazy. There are people everywhere all the time. We live by this one intersection where at least 300-400 people cross on foot everytime the lights go green. So many people, so little time!

We did have fun talking to Mormons last night who came to our Bible Study. We are learning about how to just love them rather than convince them to agree with our theology. We are hoping to see them more often and develop a good friendship with them.

Also, here is a pic of April, one of our students, and I at a Japanese tea ceremony, and another pic of my birthday dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pics of the new babies! How fun. And I'm glad that you all are having great times in Tokyo. I was checking out your team website...is Seal on your team?!?! Maybe it was just the angle. Looks like you're chowing on great food too. I'll bet the uni (sp?) is delicious! Have a really great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers