Monday, July 10, 2006

nihongo people rule


Am still finding it hard to connect to students. I seem to find it easier to hang out with the Japanese girls then with the young American girls. Oh, I have to say, that I officially love Japanese people. Well, I guess more specifically Japanese women, because I have not yet met any Japanese men, but I'm sure they're just as cool.

We spent some time this morning looking at the "Nature and Character of God" (to be said/read in a loud booming voice). It was so good. I could just feel the tension in the room thicken as the speaker (David Hamilton - see the book, "Why Not Women") challenged us with the "Christian" fatalist view of God, comparing it to Islam and saying that God's will doesn't happen all the time. Good to see some people scratching their heads and starting to think a little bit.

Am enjoying hearing from God again.

1 comment:

  1. What's a nihongo?!?! Did you guys have a good 4th of July? I love "Nature and Character of God" week. I think I ended up getting more out of the DTS's that I staffed than my actual school. Perhaps more questions came up for me, and issues to work through, after I was actually a missionary for a while. Anyway, glad to hear God is speaking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers